DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Philadelphia & the Pennsylvania Dutch Country
is your in-depth guide to the very best of Philadelphia and the Pennsylvania Dutch Country.
Discover the best of Philadelphia, from the Old City (known as "America's most historic square mile") encompassing Independence Hall and the iconic Liberty Bell to the Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts. Venture outside the city to the Pennsylvania Dutch Country for a horse-drawn buggy ride, tiny road-side bakeries, and a true taste of the Amish lifestyle.
- Detailed itineraries and "don't-miss" destination highlights at a glance.
- Illustrated cutaway 3-D drawings of important sights.
- Floor plans and guided visitor information for major museums.
- Free, color pull-out map (print edition) marked with sights, a selected sight and street index, public transit map, practical information on getting around, and a distance chart for measuring walking distances.
- Guided walking tours, local drink and dining specialties to try, things to do, and places to eat, drink, and shop by area.
- Area maps marked with sights and restaurants.
- Detailed city maps include street finder index for easy navigation.
- Insights into history and culture to help you understand the stories behind the sights.
- Suggested day-trips and itineraries to explore beyond the city.
- Hotel and restaurant listings highlight DK Choice special recommendations.
"The best option... Color photos, maps, and diagrams bring the place to life."—The Philadelphia Inquirer
Wanderlust Travel Awards 2009–2015