Almost Lost Arts features the stories of 20 artisans who have devoted their lives to preserving traditional techniques. From globe makers and book menders to cassette tape manufacturers and neon sign makers, the profiled artisans represent a diverse mix of media, ages, genders, and cultural backgrounds. Gorgeous photographs reveal these crafts people's studios from places like Oaxaca, Kyoto, Milan, and Tennessee.
• Each maker is accompanied by an in-depth profile telling their story
• Features two essays that discuss the challenges and rewards of engaging deeply with the past
• An inspiration to makers, collectors, and history lovers
- Authors: Emily Freidenrich, Narayan Khandekar and Margaret Shepherd
- Publisher: Chronicle Books, 2019
- 208 pages, 11.4" x 8.5"
- Fully illustrated throughout
- ISBN: 9781452170206