Mondrian Composition II Socks
Composition II in Red Blue and Yellow is a 1930 painting by Piet Mondrian and a variation of Composition in Red Blue and Yellow from the precedent year. In the well-known work of abstraction, Mondrian focuses on the material properties of paint and its unique ability to express ideas using formal elements such as line and color. Thick, black brushwork defines the borders of the different geometric figures. Comparably, the black brushwork on the canvas is very minimal but it is masterfully applied to become one of the defining features of the work.
The socks are designed in Portugal. The maker uses seamless toe knitting to create a sock without any stitches. After you've worn them a few times, you won’t be able to go back to anything else.
- Museum exclusive
- Material 80% combed cotton, 17% polyamide, 3% elastane
- Seamless knitting for a stitchless sock
- Medium fits Mens US 4.5 - 7.5, Eur 36 - 40; Womens US 6 - 9.5, Eur 36 - 40
- Large fits Mens US 8 -12, Eur 41 - 46; Womens US 10 - 12.5, Eur 41 - 46
- Machine wash in cold water inside out, without bleach, and tumble dry low; do not iron