Philadelphia Museum Of Art Griffin 1938 T-Shirt
Team Spirit -- proudly wear our iconic griffin logo t-shirt to any event. Pulled from a stamped book in the Museum’s library the Griffin was introduced in 1938, marking the moment the museum officially became the Philadelphia Museum of Art. Since classical antiquity, griffins were known for guarding treasures and priceless possessions. Perched atop the museum building, the griffins actually do protect the art since they are lightning conductors protecting the structure and art within from a lightning strike!
Please allow for slight print variations as this is hand screen-printed.
- Museum exclusive
- Printed locally by Wider Awake exclusively for The Philadelphia of Modern Art
- 100% fine jersey cotton
- Unisex sizing (women may want to order one size smaller)
- Baby Rib cotton stretchable collar for increased comfort and durability
- Reinforced shoulder construction to maintain shape through repeated washings
- Durable double-stitched bottom hem
- Machine wash in cold water inside out, without bleach, and tumble dry low; do not iron on decoration