An air of mystery pervades this wintry forest landscape. Dressed in festive carnival costumes, a lone couple stands in front of barren trees. The figures seem to shine from within rather than from the light of the moon, which has strangely left the forest in darkness. An unexplained face leers out from the empty hut beside the figures, and an unexpected street lamp incongruously glows nearby. Known for his fantastic scenes, Rousseau was a self-taught artist whose works appealed to the collectors and avant-garde artists of the early twentieth century, including Pablo Picasso.
These socks are designed and produced exclusively for the museum in Portugal. The maker uses seamless toe knitting to create a sock without any stitches. After you've worn them a few times, you won’t be able to go back to anything else.
- Museum exclusive
- Material 80% combed cotton, 17% polyamide, 3% elastane
- Seamless knitting for a stitchless sock
- Medium fits Mens US 4.5 - 7.5, Eur 36 - 40; Womens US 6 - 9.5, Eur 36 - 40
- Large fits Mens US 8 -12, Eur 41 - 46; Womens US 10 - 12.5, Eur 41 - 46
- Machine wash in cold water inside out, without bleach, and tumble dry low; do not iron