Pulled from a stamped book in the Museum’s library the Griffin was introduced in 1938, marking the moment the museum officially became the Philadelphia Museum of Art. Since classical antiquity, griffins were known for guarding treasures and priceless possessions. Perched atop the museum building, the griffins actually do protect the art since they are lightning conductors protecting the structure and art within from a lightning strike!
- Museum exclusive
- Measures 4.5" round, full-bleed graphic
- UV-printed for lasting durability for indoor and outdoor use.
- Made and designed in the USA