The Scout Plein Air Box was inspired by Peg and Awl's endeavor to make art every day.
This pochade box compactly secures all of your essential art supplies for painting outdoors. Fill your box with your favorite colors, paintbrushes, and sketchbook. Find your spot and quickly transform the box into a mini studio. Set it on a flat surface or mount it on a tripod, snap the liquid jars, brush holder, and easel in place, clip on your canvas and you are ready to paint!
When stepping outside, perspective changes and we discover unknown parts of ourselves. By making plein air painting a ritual, we are able to better consider our world and our relationship with it. We begin to observe more closely, to better see color, and to hone memory whilst striving to capture fleeting moments.
Sling your Scout Plein Air Box over your shoulder and set out on a painting adventure—you might just find something!
Peg and Awl work and create in Philadelphia. Their work is made from olde things, treasures found and recovered from misfortune and neglect, relics of the unusual, the confused and the macabre, cut and pulled and built into wearable curiosities, inscribable keepsakes, and useable, long-lasting treasures—and when the old eludes them, they use sustainable materials.
- FSC-Certified Walnut or Maple from south-eastern USA
- Vegetable-tanned leather
- Brass rivets and button studs
- Steel snaps and buckle
- Exterior pocket and 1 interior pocket
- 4 slots for drying canvases (4″ × 6″)
- Threaded tripod mount
- 1 adjustable and removable shoulder strap
- 1 laminated glass palette with white bottom
- 2 magnetic drawers
- 1 wooden easel
- 2 snap-on jars (1 oz. / 30 ml)
- 1 snap-on brush holder (holds 8 brushes)
- 8 empty paint tubes (22 ml)
- 4 Ampersand Gessobord canvas boards (4″ × 6″)
- 2 binder clips for holding the canvas