Team Spirit -- proudly wear our iconic griffin logo hoodie to any event. Pulled from a stamped book in the Museum’s library the Griffin was introduced in 1938, marking the moment the museum officially became the Philadelphia Museum of Art. Since classical antiquity, griffins were known for guarding treasures and priceless possessions. Perched atop the museum building, the griffins actually do protect the art since they are lightning conductors protecting the structure and art within from a lightning strike! Please allow for slight print variations as this is hand screen-printed.
- Museum exclusive
- Printed locally by Wider Awake exclusively for The Philadelphia of Modern Art
- 100% cotton
- Unisex sizing (women may want to order one size smaller)
- Hoodie with natural drawstring
- Kangaroo pocket
- Ribbed sleeve cuff and hems
- Machine wash in cold water inside out, without bleach, and tumble dry low; do not iron on decoration
Solid high quality purchase... printing is exceptional... hoodie quality is also. The hoodie is mid to light weight, size up imo, to layer for fall time.