Mary Cassatt, Faith Ringgold, Judith Leyster, Louise Bourgeois, Dorothea Tanning. If you aren’t already familiar with these names, then now is your time to learn and spread the word. Or, since you are probably already a fan like we are, then it is time to share the love. Stand up for women artists and raise awareness by using this t-shirt daily!
Who is ArtGirlRising?
• Our mission is to create an art world where women are equal.
• We advocate and celebrate women in the arts. Women in art have faced gender biases for centuries. Female artists have been omitted from art history books and we remain drastically underrepresented and undervalued in museums, galleries, and auction houses to this day.
• We help spark conversations and raise awareness about this inequality
• TOGETHER WE RISE FOR WOMEN ARTISTS.
Printed exclusively for The Philadelphia Museum of Art by Philadelphia Printworks, a social justice heritage brand and screen-printing workshop located in Philadelphia, PA. Learn more about them @philaprint.
Please allow for slight print variations as this is hand screen-printed.
- Museum exclusive
- Printed locally by Philadelphia Printworks exclusively for The Philadelphia of Modern Art
- 100% organic cotton
- Unisex sizing (women may want to order one size smaller)
- Reinforced shoulder construction to maintain shape through repeated washings
- Durable double-stitched bottom sleeve and bottom hem
- Machine wash in cold water inside out, without bleach; do not tumble dry; do not iron on decoration